What Is IV Therapy?
- Normal or High Doses of Vitamin C
- Mineral Nutrients
- Lipoic Acid
How Do Intravenous Vitamins And Minerals Work?
- Intravenous vitamins and minerals work in various ways.
- Correcting nutritional and biochemical deficiencies
- Improving the function of cells and the immune system
- Protecting cells from damage
- Decreasing inflammation
- Detoxifying the system
Many studies, including those in peer reviewed publications such as the New England Journal of Medicine [Eat Right and Take a Multivitamin, N Engl J Med 338:1060, April 9, 1998 Editorial N Engl J Med 338:1060, April 9, 1998 Editorial1], indicate that multivitamins may help supply basic biochemical building blocks frequently deficient in people with chronic degenerative diseases.
IV Therapies Offered At Anchor Wellness Center
Skin color is determined by the production of melanin, which is produced by melanocytes in the bottom layer of the epidermis. Increased melanin in the body means the darker the skin will be. Glutathione inhibits the melanin production therefore reduces the concentration of pigmentation. As a result, it lightens and evens the skin tone.
Glutathione can also be used in combination with Vitamin C as an even more potent formulation that slows the rate of free radicals that damage collagen and cause skin dryness, fine lines and wrinkles. This powerful combination, deposits evenly throughout the body when given via IV, to eradicate oxidative damaged cells (which cause skin to darken) and lighten the skin naturally, safely, & evenly.
Benefits can Include:
- Whiter Skin
- Removal of skin blemishes (Scars, pigmentation, uneven skin tones)
- Production of collagen to enhance elasticity
- Eradication of acne, blemishes and pimples
- Enhanced immunity
- Improved energy and reduced fatigue
- Improved quality & texture of skin
- Enhanced radiance, glowing, and moisturized skin
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
When hydrogen peroxide comes into contact with blood it reacts with the enzyme catalase, causing it to break down into water as well as into copious quantities of oxygen. By releasing bursts of oxygen in the bloodstream, the hydrogen peroxide in Oxygenate helps your immune system fight acute and chronic infections. Advocates of this therapy claim that injecting 3% hydrogen peroxide intravenously via a drip for approximately an hour and a half per session will cure a number of diverse conditions ranging from the common cold to cancer. It also stimulates the body’s production of white blood cells, helps to break down calcium deposits within blood vessels, dissolves cholesterol, and converts the waste products and toxins that are the by-products of cellular processes into a form that is easily eliminated
Oxygenate can be done daily during acute viral illnesses like the flu or 2–3 times a week for chronic infections like mononucleosis or Lyme.
- Executive Stress Relief
- Infectious conditions such as hepatitis, flu, viral diseases, upper respiratory tract infections
- Seasonal or Chronic allergic problems
- Headaches including Migraines
- Autoimmune disease (rheumatoid arthritis, lupus)
- Chronic Pain and Fibromyalgia
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Ulcerative colitis
- Cardiovascular disease
- Post Chemotherapy Nutritional Support therapy
- Inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis)
- Neurological diseases like Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Multiple Sclerosis
- Narcotic withdrawal
- Smoking cessation
- Stroke rehabilitation
- Chronic urticaria
- Diminished athletic performance
Typically, nutrients reach your cells through the process of digestion. Your gastrointestinal (GI) tract breaks down the food you eat (or the pills you swallow) and passes the nutrients along to the blood through the lining of the GI tract. When nutrients are infused directly into the bloodstream, they bypass the GI and are carried directly to the needy cells via the blood.
Many patients who seek our help did not experience health improvements with medications and high doses of oral supplements. Generally, it can be useful to take vitamins and minerals orally, and we recommend that when appropriate. But, if vitamins and minerals are not adequately absorbed into the body, they are useless.
Frequently, due to certain disease states that create intestinal malabsorption, or if your digestion is weak or if your gut cannot process high concentrations of nutrient, patients do not adequately absorb vitamins and minerals through the gut, or gastrointestinal tract. This creates a situation in which patients do not experience the results they want.
Intravenous treatments are exceptionally powerful because they circumvent issues with oral administration, including stomach upset, absorption issues and loss of potency. In addition, very large doses can be administered via IV without gastrointestinal side effects, which can limit dosing. A perfect example is taking large doses of oral magnesium and Vitamin C can result in diarrhea due to effects on the bowel. Intravenous administration of magnesium, Vitamin C, and other vitamins and minerals does not have that effect, and the amounts given can be much higher compared to oral pills.
The rationale for using intravenous vitamin therapy is associated with two major factors.
- Absorption of intravenous therapy may be superior to oral pills due to limitations of the gut to effectively process therapeutic levels of various micronutrients.
- Higher plasma levels of various micronutrients can be established quickly with intravenous therapy thereby creating a deeper, faster influence on cellular metabolic processes, which leads to a better overall cellular function.
We are trained to identify patients we know will not improve as much as they could without the intravenous route. This is a critical strategy in helping people who have had no prior success to finally improve using this modality. These individuals also feel better faster.
Physicians have used intravenous vitamin and mineral treatments safely for several decades. All the components of the solution are compounds natural to the body, and generally pose no health risks. These treatments are much safer compared to the common intravenous treatments people know about such as chemotherapy and antibiotics. Pharmaceutical companies also market intravenous vitamin products.
Methods of delivery and quality of materials follow the same standards as in hospitals.
Side effects felt at the time of infusion may include the following. Please note that these side effects are rare, and tend to resolve following cessation of the intravenous therapy.
- Irritation in the vein, secondary to infusate’s effects on the circulatory system
- Lowering of blood pressure
- Lowering of blood sugar
- Muscle cramps or weakness
- Arm pain at the infusion site
These issues can be prevented when patient are well hydrated and without hunger prior to intravenous therapy. Some patients bring snacks to eat while receiving intravenous therapy. AWC recommends foods such as healthy snacks and fresh juices, or whatever may be appealing to you.
Some patients may have fatigue and/or headaches for the first 24 hours following the intravenous therapy. AWC requests that patients contact us in the days after intravenous therapy to report their body’s response.
Most patients experience significant overall improvements.
- Better energy
- Better mental clarity
- Improved sleep
- Overall generalized improvement of their complaints
- Subjective feelings of well being
The number and frequency of treatments will vary depending on certain factors.
- Condition(s) being treated
- Current health status of the patient
- Response of the patient to the treatments
A general estimate of treatments are decided at the evaluation appointment, and then a more specific number as we go along with the treatment plan. Most patients will require at least 10 treatments. Depending on the response, some patients will then go on to maintenance therapy with occasional treatments.
For more information about the history and use of intravenous therapy, you may wish to read Dr. Allan Gaby’s landmark article History and Use of the Intravenous Treatments.